- Perform work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to keep machines, mechanical equipment or the structure of an establishment in repair. Duties may involve pipe fitting, boiler making, insulating, welding, machining, carpentry, repairing electrical or mechanical equipment, installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment, and repairing buildings, floors, or stairs.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Complete any assigned PMs, work orders, and projects.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities such as being a team member and making suggestions.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install and/or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Record maintenance and repair of work performed.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hand tools and power tools.
- Order parts, supplies, and equipment from catalogs and suppliers, or obtain them from storerooms.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Paint and repair roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, and other parts of building structures.
- Operate cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Maintain and repair specialized equipment and machinery found in building
- Fabricate and repair counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures such as sheds and outbuildings.
- Estimate repair costs.
- Assist in shoveling snow and salting sidewalks and parking lots during winter months when necessary.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- One to two years related experience
- Microsoft Excel
Certificates and Licenses
- Will train if needed
- While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly exposed to high temperatures.
- The Associate occasionally will be exposed to vibration.
- The Associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts with repetitive motions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, and dust levels may be high