Job Title: Machining Engineer
- Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of such equipment.
- Create and revise processes and process controls as well as quality and quality instrumentation.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
- Use of drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems and needs.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Develop, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, and operation of product designs.
- Estimate costs and submit engineering counter measure activity for gaps in part costs and prepare documents.
- Perform personnel functions such as supervision of production workers, technicians, technologists and other engineers, or design of evaluation programs.
- Provide technical customer service for new business.
- Establish and coordinate the maintenance and safety procedures, service schedule, and supply of materials required to maintain machines and equipment in the prescribed condition.
- Study industrial processes to determine where and how application of equipment can be made.
- Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
- Apply engineering principles and practices to emerging fields such as robotics and waste management.
- Recommend Corrective action using quality tools such as 5W 2H ,5P SA or other as deemed necessary For items with a negative gap.
- Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school)
- Two to four years related experience
- Microsoft Office
- Auto CAD
- Solid Works – Preferred
- ProE – Preferred
Certificates & Licenses
- Will train if needed
- Open Office Environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is rarely exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures.